Here’s a rundown on just a few things St James’ offers to the good people of Gatley.
For all ages, all abilities. Meets at 2pm an St James Church Hall on the last Saturday of each month (other than December 2015, with this meeting being postponed to 2nd January). Tea and biscuits provided. Costs £1. We finish around 4pm.
All levels, everyone welcome. Classes fortnightly (next on 10th September). Held in St James Church Hall between 6.30 and 7.30pm. Costs £3.
Music at St James
Held in St James’ Church, the 28th season of Music at St James’ starts in October. There are 7 concerts in each season. Each concert starts at 7.30 pm and tickets cost £10. A season ticket for all 7 concerts costs £60. Information and tickets can be obtained from Ian Henshall on 0161 428 2337. Tickets can also be brought on the night.
Season 28 consists of:
- 13th October – Galina Vale (International classical guitar virtuoso)
- 10th November – Kell Wind Trio (clarinet, flute and bassoon) with Peter Collier (harpsichord) in a programme of music from the baroque and early classical period
- 8th December – Inspired Brass (brass quintet) performing Brass Baubles, an arrangement of music for Christmas
- 9th February – Peter Mallinson and Matthias Wiesner (viola duo) from the BBC Symphony Orchestra
- 8 March – Marie Leenhardt – Principal harpist with the Halle Orchestra
- 12 April – Alteri – chamber choir
- 3 May – Aylwin String Quartet